Spice has finally stepped forward to address her controversial skin-lightening photograph.

Dancehall diva Spice pens a lengthy response to her critics about her recent photo which portrayed skin bleaching. The "Black Hypocrisy" deejay says that it was not intended as a publicity stunt, but was done and then deliberately with the aim to get the world's undivided attention. While she didn't go the undivided attention from all 7 billion souls living on this blue stone, she did manage to get the attending of the vast majority of dancehall fans.

"While It appeared as if I had "bleached" my peel, causing a worldwide debate, and even though the picture was manifestly birthed around my unmarried titled"Black hypocrisy" and my mixtape Captured. I desire to openly say information technology was non a 'publicity stunt,'" she wrote.

Spice added in her post that the peel bleaching photo was done in support of her new unmarried "Black Hypocrisy" and her new mixtape Captured which both tackles the issue of colorism in the black community. "I wanted to create awareness to "Colorism" and it was more than and then washed intentionally to create shock value and so that I could have the worlds undivided attending to deliver the message in my music," she continues.

Spice is still very much a beautiful dark pare beauty. Fifty-fifty though she stunned a lot of her fans when she deleted all the images from her Instagram account and abruptly appeared with a much lighter version of her, her hardcore fans "Smurfs" were still sticking by her side.